www.tanktransporter.co.uk

Tank Transporter Social Network :: free to join

i was in contact with BT just before Christmas, as I was switching my broadband to them.

I happened to mention to the BT agent I was talking to, that it was a pity they couldn't find some way of stopping all these annoying nuisance phone calls we all get nowadays.

He recommended the new BT8500 phone with Advanced Call Blocker, as the answer to my problem, and as it was on a half price special offer for £35 I thought I would give it a try.

It's absolutely brilliant, and has stopped all unwanted phone calls. Friends and family on the "allowed calls" list get through as normal, as does anyone else who ring that I allow.

Unknown callers have to follow the automatic spoken instructions, and state their name and then press the hash key. The phone then rings, and announces who is calling. I can then press 1, to allow once, 2 to allow each time that number calls, or 3 to permanently bar that number.

Nearly all the nuisance callers don't even bother now, and the computer generated calls can't follow the instructions. It also has a built in answering machine, so if someone leaves an unwanted message when we are out, they can still be barred later. 

Caller display has to be set up, but the small cost of that is offset by not having to pay for 1571 messaging.

I have recommended this phone to all my friends and family most of whom have bought one (you can get it with up to 3 extra handsets) and they are all delighted.

I am also registered with the "Caller Preference Service" but this only stops some UK based calls, the BT8500 stops the lot!

It's a BT designed system, but works with any other provider, BT sales will answer any questions about it.

Put BT8500 into google etc and read the reviews, it really does stop all the rubbish calls. 

Just looked it up again, and It is still on offer, a Brilliant phone.

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got one last year Barney - brilliant kit.......

Are you stil caravannng?
Hiya Cliff, I've just heard from Norman Jones that Mick Bruce is buried in Tidworth Military Cemetery.
Yes, we are still 'vanning although I have just been diagnosed with angina. Medication is working, but just in case anything further is needed, we have put any trips on hold.
All the best,
Barney.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Notes

Membership

Membership is free to join the Tank Transporter website, however not all those who apply are welcome due to spamming that has gone on in the past. Those individuals (spammers) who pretend to either have served or is currently serving, either want to send out false claims of poverty or get rich schemes to all of us.

I approve each member to the site, most times I get it right but the odd one slips through the net, if you feel that your application…

Continue

Created by ken baldwin Feb 18, 2015 at 2:35pm. Last updated by ken baldwin Feb 18, 2015.

Poll

Created by ken baldwin Oct 31, 2012 at 1:24pm. Last updated by ken baldwin Oct 31, 2012.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by ken baldwin Oct 31, 2012 at 1:23pm. Last updated by ken baldwin Oct 31, 2012.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by ken baldwin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service