www.tanktransporter.co.uk

Tank Transporter Social Network :: free to join

I am Pete Bain's youngest daughter and I am still trying to write a memory book for my nieces about their grandad. I am sorry to ask but i need your help again...

There are stories that i am sure he has told me but mum and my sister Kelly dont remember.

Here are a few...

That he took down a flag in Ireland and everyone signed it before it was put back up again???

He was based in Canada - i would love to know where?

Who was with him when he first met Hazel?

He went through a window which resulted in him being in hospital - i am sure this was in a bar????

I think that is all (at the moment...)

Thanks

Stacy

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Stacey,

Ian (Richie) Richards. If it is the same Pete Bain that I am thinking of, Ann and I sent some time living around the corner from Pete and Hazel on Alma Close Knaphill. they had two daughters. I was posted at MVEE Chertsey from 81-84. I test drove the Scamell Commander prior to it entering service.

Yeah thats him. I am the youngest of those two daughters (32 now so not that little any more!). You will of course forgive me for not remembering you.

Did you do any trips with Dad? I am looking for anyone who went to Canada when he did (I was a baby so around 79/80) or to Ireland with him(one posting he had was 78ish)?

Hi Stacey,

I didnt go on any trips with Pete, as he was in a different section to me at MVEE. However, we did have a few beers together on a number of occasions when people were leaving etc.

When we were all living on Alma Close, we had travellers living on the end of the street and the milkman used to drive his milk float down the court yard to your house so he could deliver to the houses without loosing all his stock, as the kids used to wait till his back was turned and pinch the lot.

Sorry that i carnt be more help to you, but I hope that it has filled a little gap for you.

Good luck with the rest of your search.

Kindest Regards

Ian (richie) Richards

thanks, i wish in so many ways that i could ask him. I love hearing stories about my dad so if you think of any more please just drop me a line.  

Hi Stacey

Ron Mac Queen. I have only joined the tnk tptr site about 2 weeks ago and i am sorry to have read about your dad

I was in 19sqn & 414  A troop from 72/78 and i am sure this is the same Pete Bain that was my No2 in those days

If i remember rightly Pete met your mother in Wetherby (I could be wrong) Please let me know if i am on the right track here.

Kindest Regards

Ron

Ronnie Mac Queen said:

Hi Stacey

Ron Mac Queen. I have only joined the tnk tptr site about 2 weeks ago and i am sorry to have read about your dad

I was in 19sqn & 414  A troop from 72/78 and i am sure this is the same Pete Bain that was my No2 in those days

If i remember rightly Pete met your mother in Wetherby (I could be wrong) Please let me know if i am on the right track here.

Kindest Regards

Ron

I'm sorry about the empty post but I was trying to tell Ronnie Macqueen that I think hes talking about pete baines joined around 73 , I shared a room with him until he got married quarters next to thruxton race track

Hi Terry

The Pete Bain that i remember was of medium height and had blonde hair and was in A troop 19 sqn around 75/76 I might be wrong with the years, Is this the same Pete that you remember? There was another guy with the surname  Baines who if i remember rightly was in B troop around 1973/75

terry green (blue) said:

I'm sorry about the empty post but I was trying to tell Ronnie Macqueen that I think hes talking about pete baines joined around 73 , I shared a room with him until he got married quarters next to thruxton race track

hi ronnie

hope your keeping well

yes the one I'm thinking of was a Londoner about 5,11 . posted to 19 sqn around the same time as brian fuller wayne cross chas tutton and myself , we were all training in Carmarthen at the same time .
Ronnie Mac Queen said:

Hi Terry

The Pete Bain that i remember was of medium height and had blonde hair and was in A troop 19 sqn around 75/76 I might be wrong with the years, Is this the same Pete that you remember? There was another guy with the surname  Baines who if i remember rightly was in B troop around 1973/75

terry green (blue) said:

Hi Stacy, Pete would have been at B.A.T.U.S (British Army Training Unit Suffield), which is in Alberta Canada, about 136  miles west from Calgary. If you go on google earth you will see the area but not the base. I have very vauge memories of your dad but then I am getting on now so forgive my scant knowledge.

Dave H 

stacy i served with pete in canada. alberta. medicine hat. he was a great guy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Notes

Membership

Membership is free to join the Tank Transporter website, however not all those who apply are welcome due to spamming that has gone on in the past. Those individuals (spammers) who pretend to either have served or is currently serving, either want to send out false claims of poverty or get rich schemes to all of us.

I approve each member to the site, most times I get it right but the odd one slips through the net, if you feel that your application…

Continue

Created by ken baldwin Feb 18, 2015 at 2:35pm. Last updated by ken baldwin Feb 18, 2015.

Poll

Created by ken baldwin Oct 31, 2012 at 1:24pm. Last updated by ken baldwin Oct 31, 2012.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here. Continue

Created by ken baldwin Oct 31, 2012 at 1:23pm. Last updated by ken baldwin Oct 31, 2012.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by ken baldwin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service